Take your yoga career to the next level with the MBCY Advanced Yoga Teacher Training & Mentoring Certification
[Jan 2018-Dec 2019]
MBCY is one of the first professional yoga trainings teaching a trauma-sensitive orientation to yoga techniques. This deeply respectful perspective supports the physical, mental, and emotional grace of innate potential, with deep presence, hard work, support with loving kindness.
What to expect ::
The MBCY Advanced Training open format, offers everyone an opportunity to experience deeper knowledge in a particular specialty area of yoga technique, acquire an RYT 300/500 certificate with Yoga Alliance, and/or professional CEU credits. We have made sure to provide regular mentoring with senior staff to guide all certificate students on their path.
By following ones instinctual gifts of practice, a participant in the Advanced MBCY Training is invited to direct their focus in one of the following specializations: Yin Yoga, Yoga & Mental Health, Yoga For Trauma, Chakras Studies, and Yoga & Art.
This open format gives you the opportunity to explore each 30-hour module or make your own 50-hour intensive specialization. Anything is truly possible, expect miracles!
Each module costs $325, plus books, for 30 hours of training.
Each specialization costs $500, plus books (~$50) and 10 yoga classes ($100).
*The MBCY membership provides an amazing opportunity to enjoy saturating your learning experience with unlimited access to learning.
Being in touch and diving into ourselves cultivates the professional skills to support others.
MBCY technique ::
MBCY core practices are rooted in the powerful and substantial ethics and techniques established by the Classical Hatha-Raja lineage of Sri P. Jois, SriDharma Mittra and Iyengar, Emobodyoga and Bonnie Baimbridge Cohen, Applied Mindfulness as imparted by Thich Nhat Hanh, organic psychology as developed by Nina Be, neurobiology, kinesthesiology, somatic studies, Ayurveda and sutra study. The focal intention of all courses is to create a sustainable foundation of teaching tools that are well-researched and immediately powerful!
Our professional experience in the transformative power of MBCY techniques has supported an approach that neither diagnoses nor prescribes for practitioners.
Each training weekend module begins ...
Friday (2-5pm) with structured practices that form the core principles of MBCY 8-limb protocol:: meditation, pranyama, asana, nidra scripts, yoga therapeutics and research and a check-in/ review/discussion of personal practice results and mentorship of core curriculum subjects.
Saturday (7:30-5:30) & Sunday (7:30-6:30) with meditation, sutra study, check-in, asana technique class, followed by various themed presentations, labs and discourse embodied in MBCY techniques and Mental Health.
Each 3-day weekend MBCY module includes the following devoted hours needed to fulfill the MBCY Advanced Yoga RYT 300 // RYT 500 Certification...
- 8 hours of 8-limbs Technique (all levels)
- 5 hours of Teaching Methodology (trauma sensitive)
- 2 hours of Embodied Anatomy (organs, bones, muscles, nerves, connective tissue)
- 4 hours of Philosophy & Applied Mindfulness in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh
- 5 hours of Practicum (hands on assists & pedagogy)
- 6 hours of Research & Development through personal practice and mentorship
*Each module qualifies for 20 hours of continuing education units (CEUs) with Yoga Alliance. You must apply for the MBCY Advanced Training.
Global Breath Studio, 119 w. main st. durham, nc 27701
"I have witnessed the miraculous results of 'deep presence' for students who felt hopeless or deeply entangled with some kind of pathology, diagnosis or feeling they were broken and needed to be fixed. I created the MBCY curriculum to build 'deep presence' in any practitioner who wishes to facilitate deep peace and potential in the present moment. MBCY is a living form of yoga that is meant to be used out in the world to create immediate effects of soothing and profound support."
- nina be, MBCY director and expert yoga therapist.
Each personalized training weekend module course encompasses a full spectrum of in-depth experiential practices in...
- injury preventative, multi-leveled asana technique classes in the MBCY system-
- MBCY sequences (level l, ll & lll)
- Restorative Centering ''asana nidra'
- creating unique multi-level classes that inspire your 'authentic' approach to yoga
- 10 classical pranayama techniques
- a variety of meditations to meet each individual with the particular support needed for awakening awareness with loving kindness
- body reading techniques
- yoga nidra scripts for addressing territories of stress
- developmental anatomy
- informed hands-on assisting & props
- mantra & mudra
- yin/yang energy practices
- embodiment principals
- applied mindfulness & philosophy in the modern world
- sutra study
- research & teaching labs
- building a professional practice
Required to apply
All candidates for the MBCY RYT 300/500 professional certification must have...
- an RYT 200 certification is required in order to qualify for RYT 300/500 certification with yoga alliance.
- a personal practice of yoga/meditation 2-3 times a week for at least one year.
- at least 2 MBCY classes with nina be
- notified teachers of all medications, injuries and surgeries.
Non-Certificate Seekers // There're other great options for anyone interested in learning trauma-sensitive yoga techniques and attaining powerful life skills to navigate a fast-paced competitive world: check-out MBCY's one-day advanced workshops or consider the RYT 200 MBCY teacher training.
How to apply
Please visit our application page for step-by-step application instructions. In overview, the application will request:
- Your personal information
- A 500-word essay about your yoga experience and your intentions for the program
- A $50 application fee (which is credited towards your program tuition upon acceptance)
- Documentation of a completed RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training or a description of your experience and proficiency in the practice of yoga or a related discipline.
After applying, you have until January 1st, 2020 to complete 300 hours from the following MBCY advanced yoga curriculum:
- 13 specialized modules
- restorative yoga nidra retreats
- all core curriculum reading & self-study
All Modules & Curriculums
January 19 - 21, 2018 Yoga + Mental Health: Creating MindBody Balance for All
February 2 - 4, 2018 Yoga for Trauma: Empowering Individuals + Groups
February 16 - 18, 2018 Connecting Yoga & Sutra Study to Support Self-Study
March 2 - 4, 2018 Yin Yoga Training:: Meridians, Organs and Fascia
March 16 - 18, 2018 Herbs to Support the Chakras
May 4 - 6, 2018 Yoga, Energy Medicine + Psychic Development
May 25 - 27, 2018 Yoga + Mental Health: Creating MindBody Balance for All
January 4 - 6, 2019 Touching the Infinite Potential of Embodied Asana through all levels:: lower body focus
January 18 - 20, 2019 Power of the Chakras
February 1 - 3, 2019 Touching the Infinite Potential of Embodied Asana through all levels:: torso/organ focus
February 15 - 17, 2019 Self Care for teachers & all
March 1 - 3, 2019 Touching the Infinite Potential of Embodied Asana through all levels:: upper body/mental focus
March 15 - 17, 2019 Embodied Anatomy & Creative Writing for Living & Vision Boards
May 10 - 12, 2019 Yin Yoga Training:: Meridians, Organs and Fascia
May 24 - 26, 2019 Yoga for Trauma: Empowering Individuals + Groups
September 6 - 8, 2019 Yoga + Mental Health
September 27 - 29, 2019 Connecting Yoga & Sutra Study to Support Self-Study
October 11 - 13, 2019 Nada Yoga: Mantra, Song & Resonance
October 25 - 27, 2019 Yoga, Energy Medicine + Psychic Development
November 8 - 10, 2019 Yoga for Trauma: Empowering Individuals + Groups
December 6 - 8, 2019 Yin Yoga Training:: Meridians, Organs and Fascia
We offer a a variety of ways to access the resources of the MBCY Advanced Training. After applying, you can choose a pay-as-you-go payment plan or sign up for our unlimited membership.
Pay as you go
registration + core text materials fee = $250
Training [$3,250 - $4,250]
Ten 30-hour modules
(300 hours) = $3,250
+ $500 per specialization
+ $500 per 4-day retreat *recommended