During this module we will examine various classical Buddhist & Yogic sutras, and their relevance to our contemporary world.
Sutras covered during this training:
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, including the 8 Limbs of Yoga (Ashtanga), Yogic action (Kriya), and the Yamas & Niyamas
- Anapanasati Sutra (Breath Mindfulness Discourse)
- Prajnaparamitahrdaya Sutra (Heart of the Perfection of Wisdom)
- Dhammacakkappavattana Sutra (Setting in motion of the wheel of the Dharma) including the 4 Noble Truths, the Middle Way & the Noble Eightfold Path
What to Expect::
All practices and teachings offered in this module are influenced by the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, the world’s foremost teacher of Buddhist philosophy, applied mindfulness and compassion. Nina is deeply grateful to be able to support greater understanding and compassion with these practices.
Module:: $325 Specialization:: $500
- How do we interpret the classical teachings to apply to our contemporary lives?
- What can we learn about ourselves through the study of the classical texts?
- What can we do in our day-to-day life to build skillful compassion?
- How do we apply the transformative power of classical wisdom into a personal practice of study, so as to be most effective in the world?
The Art of Power - Thich Nhat Hanh (for sale @global breath studio)
The Heart of Understanding-Thich Nhat Hanh (for sale @global breath studio)
The Yoga Sutras - translated by Alistair Cook (for sale @global breath studio)
Meet Your Teachers:
Global Breath Studio
Fri: 2-5 pm;
Sat: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
February 16 - 18, 2018
September 27-29, 2019
*You must pre-register for modules 2 weeks in advance (space permitting).