MINDBODY CENTERING YOGA FOR TRAUMA :: Emerging into Enchantment by investing in your Self care through the Mind Body & Heart.
Monday nights 7-9pm June 13-August 29 2016
Global Breath Studio (20 Yoga Alliance CEUs available)
This 12 class series is designed to create a shift from discomfort and pain to awareness and compassion. We will explore and build individualized personal practices to support congruence and integration of your Self and the life you are creating. This slow, step-by-step process is subtle and held in a gentle and focused manner in order to allow the innate unfolding into homeostasis that all of us have seeded at the center of our beings. Every living being is drawn to
Class sessions will explore ::
- MindBody support of MBC trauma-sensitive Yoga
- Researched methods proposed by Bessel Van de Kolk in the Psychology of Trauma resourcing the imagination and creative expression as a pathway to understanding
- Relaxation techniques of Yoga Nidra researched by Dr. Richard Miller
- Meditation and Mindful life skills as taught by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Discussion of positive, pro-active modes of home practices to support possibility.
This is a closed group, meaning that a good deal of support is gained from each person’s presence in each class. We ask that each attendee commit to attending all classes. Please register @ www.globalbreath.org.
This group is not meant as a substitute for traditional therapy. If you are on medications or in therapy at the present time, please let Nina know.
Nina Be is a certified mental health counselor and certified in a multitude of curative yoga techniques. She has developed international programs for stress relief and transforming trauma for the past 30 years in corporate environments, universities, health spas and retreat centers.
Her training programs of MindBody Centering Yoga have created highly skilled yoga teachers prepared to support persons who are health care professionals, corporate employees, children with special needs, in prisons, rape crisis centers, homeless and in impoverished environments.
MBCY programs support persons by ::
- Knowing feelings of joy, well-being and peace in the midst of change
- Reducing feeling separate through MBCY FEEL techniques
- Relaxing into experiencing Body Sensitivity
- Understanding awareness of breath
- Growing capacity for energy awareness
- Developing skills to reduce reactivity to: Negative body sensations and stress, Negative feelings & emotions, Negative beliefs, images and memories
Register for 12-class summer series @ Global Breath Studio.org
12 class series fee is $229
119 w main st. Durham NC 27701