Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica
Support LiveGlobally's nonprofit work with the Drake Bay community in beautiful Costa Rica
Enjoy learning and teaching alongside the children of Drake Bay, up-close encounters with mother humpback whales and their calves, and pristine rainforest adventures in Corcovado National Park.
where giving and receiving is effortless and joyful!
Private room with A/C at Rancho Corcovado or Terraza Verde
single occupancy $1175 // double occupancy $999 per person
single occupancy $1375 // double occupancy $1275 per person
single occupancy $1355 // double occupancy $999 per person (shared queen bed)
* Registration ends Aug 10, 2018.
Yoga Retreat Schedule: Costa Rica
A typical MBCY class begins with resting on the ground in order to gather the mind and body into the present moment. We then move to breathing techniques to balance and energize. After some gentle stretching we will flow into some sun salutations, with offerings of multi-leveled modifications for postures.
The class ends with a loving guided bodymind meditation, more breathing together and an inspirational quote to begin the day. These classes are open to all levels of experience
August 29 - September 2, 2018
Your adventure begins as you make your way to Drake Bay. No matter if you arrive by car, boat or plane, your trip will be full of lush rainforest and scenic views. Settle into your room and then enjoy lunch overlooking the breathtaking view at Casa Verde. Explore the small town, beaches or rivers before your first yoga class in the evening before dinner. After dinner, you have the option of a night hike.*
Wake up to the sound of the tropical birds. Early morning yoga class is at 7:30 am followed by a delicious breakfast overlooking the deep blue ocean. Option to participate in our after school program or enjoy the afternoon on whichever adventure you choose here on the edge of the rainforest and the Pacific Ocean. Dinner at a local restaurant with the yoga group.
Morning yoga from 7:30 - 8:30 am followed by a healthy colorful breakfast made from local farms. Option to make traditional holiday food at a local's house or enjoy the afternoon on any adventure you choose here on the edge of the rainforest and the Pacific Ocean. Dinner at a local restaurant with the yoga group.
Enjoy breakfast with your group or eat early and take one of the famous tours of the area. This is your free day to create your own adventure on one of the various hikingtrails or relaxing in your preferred location. Meet back with your group for yoga at sunset then dinner to follow.
Early morning yoga and closing circle with your group. After breakfast, head down to the boat to leave and go back to Sierpe. (Option to leave by plane, ask us for details.)
*Additional activities you can choose from are:
- Night hike - see the creatures of the night with a local naturalist.
- Bird tour - find a diverse range of tropical species with a local guide with a telescope.
- Horseback riding tour - A local guide talks about the neighborhood and takes you to a nearby waterfall.
- Participate in our kid's class with English and games or learn to make traditional holiday food at a local's house.
You always have the freedom to spend your day any way you choose, the beaches and rivers have.
About Drake Bay ::
Drake Bay is a small town of about 1,200 persons. The community is situated between the rainforest and the beach, Costa Rica's last frontier. Drake Bay has minimal resources and is growing rapidly. The community received electricity in 2004, they have one health clinic, a pharmacy and dental clinic. There are still many needs that have to be met especially with the constant growing population and tourism. LiveGlobally's priority for this service retreat is to facilitate clean drinking water for all.
1. Do I need a Visa before I come to Costa Rica?
- No, your visa is the stamp they give you in customs. Usually, they give everyone a 90-day tourist visa stamp.
2. Which airline fly to Costa Rica?
- There are many airlines going to Costa Rica daily: Spirit Airlines, Jetblue, American Airlines, Aeromexico, United, Delta, Avianca, Copa Airlines.
3. What do I need to bring?
- bathing suits, fast drying clothes, rain gear, bug repellent, sunscreen, shoes for hiking, flip flops, water shoes, flashlight, hat, sunglasses, dry bag, ziplock bags for electronics and liquid toiletries, camera, batteries, long socks, casual clothing
4. How to get to Drake Bay from San Jose?
Directions to Drake Bay from Juan Santamaría International Airport. (SJO)
Rent a Car or Private Taxi from SJO to Sierpe (5 hours). Then in Sierpe you take a boat* to Drake Bay(1 hour).
*The public boat only leaves Sierpe at 11:30 and 3:30.
Bus, take a cab from the SJO airport to Tracopa bus station (20-30 min). Then take a bus a to Palmar Norte or Sierpe (5 hours). Then you take a boat* from Sierpe to Drake Bay.
* The Sierpe bus only leaves from the Tracopa station at 8:30 am.
** If you take the bus to Palmar Norte from there you take a taxi to Sierpe (20min).
*** The public boat only leaves Sierpe at 11:30 and 3:30.