Intro to the Advance Yoga Teacher Training :: 6 Unique Courses
For the first time, we are offering introductory courses to the Mindbody Centering Advance Yoga Teacher Training (RYT 300 / 500).
Six courses will be offered during the Fall semester of 2017 to give those interested in the MBCY Advanced Training Certification the opportunity to sample the main subject areas of the MBCY-AYTT beginning in January 2018.
Each weekend course is worth 14 hr CEU credits with Yoga Alliance and up to two can be applied to MBCY-AYT certification, if the student wishes to register for the Advanced Training.
During each weekend module there will be an opportunity to register for the MBCY-AYTT Certification program.
2-DAY INTRO COURSE MENU: No need to apply. Click and Register.
You can come for one day for $100 or both days for $200. Lunch is offered both days!
Schedule: Sat: 11 am - 6 pm // Sun: 9 am - 4 pm
How does one harness the dynamic powers of the essential Chakra energy centers? Where are the Chakras in the body? How do we access our fullest potential to live a thriving life?
MBCY systems approach the chakras through asana, pranayama & mantra techniques to support authentic expression. We will explore powerful chakra practices supporting a deeper Each student will be able to create specific self-practices pertinent to their individual needs as a template that can be used for healing others. Learn to exercise your skills through holistic experience, theory, pedagogy, & creative arts & sciences.
- Understanding of phases of human development, patterns of thinking, the psychology of fear & innate body wisdom.
- Embodied anatomy for asana to strengthen, balance & expand the whole person.
- Breathing techniques to create mindbody-heart balance.
- Supportive mantras for balancing each chakra.
- Creative arts to enhance healthy & authentic self expression.
- How to guide building bridges of support to create empowerment for difficulties.
- Re-naming discomforts out of re-membering our strengths.
During this module we will examine the elements of leadership and power. How do we access our true power? How do we translate power into mindful leadership? How do we empower others, individually & in community?
- What is power? How do we handle our power skillfully?
- What is leadership?
- What is leading/following?
- What is community?
- The five spiritual powers: Faith, Diligence, Mindfulness, Concentration & Insight
- The art of mindfulness
- How to practice deep listening for self-practice, working with students & teaching
- Making decisions as a teacher & as a person
- Getting what you really want
- The seed of happiness
- Being present at home & at work
- Holding sacred space
- Designing a vision for the greater good
All practices and teachings offered in this module are direct transmissions from Thich Nhat Hanh, the world’s foremost teacher of Buddhist philosophy, applied mindfulness and compassion, as recorded by Bart & Nina during their studies with him over the past 10 years.
What defines a healthy mind? How is the Mind different from the Brain? What are the layers of the Mind and Body? How do we transform the Mind/Body?
MindBody Centering Yoga is an applied art & science that supports experiences that create balance and awareness in the gift of the Body. This methodology has supported thousands of beings, empowering them to build trusting relationships for enhanced wellness.
Yoga therapist, nina be (MA. M.ED. E-RYT500) will guide discussions and practices that have affected deep healing in thousands ofher students and clients, such as : evaluation & healing, applied mindfulness, positive psychology & compassionate Self regard to translate limited views of diagnosing, self-concept & beliefs into positive, proactive potential. We will apply researched methodologies, such as embodied asana & movement, energizing & calming breathing techniques, neurological, developmental and psychosomatic sciences, deep listening presence, loving kindness & mindfulness and learn simple ways to discuss mental health using inspiration as motivation instead of illness & pathology.
- Breakdown detailed aspects of the mind in order to understand thriving in life
- Learn MindBody yoga techniques for present moment awareness & grace
- Explore positive, proactive possibility as supportive language
- Unlock the fundamental human ethics of the Yamas and Niyamas as a way to soften the effects of life
- Receive guidance to create a personalized practice of MBCY techniques
How do you know suffering? How does it feel? Where does it live in your mind/body? Where do we feel its absence in your life? How does it grow & why? How does it stop?
Over the past decade, Yoga Therapist nina be’s Transforming Trauma series & Empowerment Circles have inspired hundreds of human beings to live fuller lives with purpose and compassion. By cueing present moment awareness through embodied anatomy & breathing techniques, individuals and groups are supported to build trust & sustainable well-being.
Topics covered in this module are concerned with changing the dialogue about suffering and are also the focus of her forthcoming books. This module offers a deep inquiry about what you understand about suffering. Learn ways to identify its patterns, methods of tracking and recognizing it in others, places, memories and triggers.
A study of the 7 phases of presence & transformation, deep attention in regards to the 5 bodies.
Shared and experiential research led inquiry into the physical, mental, emotional & neurological effects of suffering.
Name & explore aspects of various expressions of suffering.
MBCY methodology to navigate the 5 F’s.
Aspects of suffering will be broken down into cultural, societal, familial & circumstantial origins.
Create a positive dialogue about suffering with deep listening, present moment awareness & embodiment.
How to use the Yamas and Niyamas as tools to understand & process the suffering transformation.
During this module we will examine the elements of love and relationships. What does it mean to love? How can we love without possessing? How do we restore our presence? How do we offer our presence to others? How are we in relationship with everything and everyone?
- Third Mindfulness Training: True love
- Sutra on the Net of Sensual Love
- Emotional, physical and spiritual intimacy
- Roots of desire, craving, habit energy, complexes
- Transforming loneliness
- Wrong views
- Understanding, deep listening, forgiveness
- Three keys to happiness: Smrti (mindfulness), Samadhi (concentration) & Prajna (insight)
- Four elements of true love: Maitri (loving kindness), Karuna (compassion), Mudita (joy) & Upeksha (equanimity)
- Aspiration & volition
- Fidelity & roots
- 6 Mantras of love
Discover how the creative imagination is an inner resource that offers us a wealth of options where we feel we may have none!
How is isolation a deadly side effect of abandoning our true feelings? How is there power in sharing? How can we realize that we are not separate from all that is?
Having witnessed thousands of persons suffer hopelessly in isolation, Yoga therapist nina be (MA. M.ED. E-RYT500) facilitates group discussion and researched methods of creative self care to support living from one’s potential & purpose.
MindBody Centering Yoga practices of embodied physical postures, Yoga Nidra, Nada Yoga (crystal singing bowls & mantra), energizing & calming breathing techniques & creative expression through writing & art clear the mind/body to enter the ‘Creation Space’. By accessing the Creation Space as part of our pure being, we find courage & grace to express unprocessed questions about the whys and wherefores of beliefs & experiences that we haven’t had the skills or time to process. Each participant will experience individualized empowerment to build positive self-regard within the Self & within community.
- Exploring maps of human anatomy for understanding one’s body as a resource for grounded wisdom & potential.
- Using our gift of imagination to create our world.
- Creating one’s life from understanding the root of one’s happiness & contentment.
- Exploring stream of consciousness journaling which gives us access to deeper levels of our selves; memories, emotions & archetypes in a way that reclaims a positive narrative about ourselves.